Thursday, September 1, 2016

Headache and Bubble Tea

Did I already tell you that I often get lost? I'm always in trouble. I'm always lost. I'm all chaos.
Again, on a sunny day on Wednesday, I was lost in a big city.

In my desperation for finding the right direction to the national museum (yep, that was written on my to-do list that day),  I thought I should ask somebody because it's easier than reading the map on my phone. And there was you! That tall guy who sat alone on a bench in the corner of a flea market. My first impression? You seemed blank.

"Hey there, I am lost," I said and sat next to you.
"I'm having a headache," replied you.
"You know what? I'm thirsty, I tried to find my way to the national museum, but I couldn't find it. Let's find a fresh bubble tea." I took your hand.

WHAT DID I JUST DO? I never took a stranger's hand before! What kind of solution is that? Bubble tea and headache? That is so weird combination! What's on earth!

Surprisingly, you followed my weird suggestion. And you lead the way to a bubble tea cafe (I didn't know you know such a place in this city).
I tried the taro (you know, it's still the family of sweet potato) milk tea and yours was fruit tea (I believe it was lychee). That bubble tea cafe was cozy, I could hear zen instruments as a background music. Not so many customers there, perhaps 4-5 people including us.  Meditating soundtracks, a cozy sofa, and us. We met like 30 minutes ago, and now we had a smooth conversation that normally I couldn't do with any strangers. Well, sometimes, you meet a person and you just click, no? Besides, we don't know each other so we don't have to pretend to be anyone or anything.

Again, you complained about your headache.
"Let me offer you a head massage," another impulsive suggestion from me. I don't normally do massage actually,  because simply I don't know how.
That idea was suddenly popping up in my head.
"Go ahead," answered you as your face came closer to my face.
There were three seconds of silence before I started to massage you--well, it was more like rubbing your hair than giving a proper massage. In the meantime, you told me many things, including a very personal thing. I believe it's easier for you to tell such things to a stranger like me because there is less risk.  You also started to tell me about your dreams that you are afraid to achieve. Oh, you, you have so many problems in your life, I do wish you could solve all your problems and pursue your dreams no matter what. I encouraged you, what else could I do, right?


I silently stared at your face for a long time while your eyes were closed (Did you enjoy my massage, huh?) You seemed relaxed after the massage.

Your eyes were closed and your mouth was a little bit opened. Your lips.. like begging me to kiss them. But I didn't dare. I couldn't take the risk to kiss a stranger. The longer I stared at your face the more I realized how pretty your resting face is! That face shouldn't have so many burdens that make your head want to explode. I hope that someday, somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight, and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms, without an ounce of selfishness in it (as Jenna said, The Waitress). So that you could feel lighter and feel better about yourself. Don't let your burdens be obstacles of your future!

At some point, you caught me staring at your resting face. I sipped my bubble tea to get away with it. I hope my cheeks didn't turn red. We finished our drinks. You explained to me how to go to the museum.  I said thank you. And you said the same thing for the massage.
And till there! We said goodbye and wishing each other good luck in life.

Oh, shoot! And I forgot to ask your name, Mr. Headache perhaps ;)

No comments: