Thursday, September 1, 2016

Headache and Bubble Tea

Did I already tell you that I often get lost? I'm always trouble. I'm always lost. I'm all chaos.
Again, at a sunny day on Wednesday, I was lost in a big city. I wished I have GPS with me, so I don't have to struggle to ask strangers for the direction in a language that I couldn't speak.

In my desperation of finding the right way to the museum, (yep, that was written on my to-do list on that day),  not stuck among dusty-antique stuff in the flea market. There was where I found you. I saw a tall guy, you sat alone. You seemed sad-tired-stressed-troubled.

"Hey there, I am lost," I said and took a seat next to him.
"I'm having a headache," he answered.
"You know what, I'm thirsty, I tried to find my way to the museum, but I couldn't find it. Let's find a cup of bubble tea." I took your hand.

WHAT DID I JUST SAY? I never took a stranger's hand before! What kind of solution is that? Bubble tea and headache? That is so weird combination! What's on earth!

Surprisingly, you followed my weird suggestion. And you lead the way to a bubble tea shop.
The conversation started with a cup of bubble tea. I tried taro milk tea and yours was fruit tea. The place was cozy, I could hear zen instruments. No other customers, only two of us, perhaps we were coming not on the right time. Meditating soundtracks, cozy sofa, and us. Three words to describe that moment. We just met like 30 minutes ago, and we had an easy going conversation that normally I couldn't do with any strangers. Well, sometimes, you meet a person and you just click. You are comfortable with them and don't have to pretend to be anyone or anything.

First, you complained about your headache. I offered you a head massage, perhaps that is helpful. I don't do massage actually, the idea was suddenly popping up in my head. So there was where your head ended up on my lap. At first, you weren't comfortable because people might see us. I convinced you nobody sees us, the tea makers are hiding behind the bar. And besides, who cares? I think you hadn't enough energy to argue with me that day. So you just landed your head on my lap.

While I gave your head massage, well it was more like rubbing your head, you told me many things. Sometimes it's easier to tell a stranger something very personal. It's like there is less risk, opening yourself up to someone who doesn't know you. So you started to tell about your dreams. I really enjoy having a moment with you. I do wish you could solve all your problems and pursue your dreams no matter what because I do want to see you happy.


Then, between that convo moment, I silently stared at your face in a long time. I hope you don't notice that. Your eyes were closed and your mouth was a little bit opened. Your lips.. like begging me to kiss them. But I didn't dare. I couldn't take the risk to kiss a stranger. There are blurred lines here that I don't want to cross. I was stuck to see you like that. How pretty your resting face is! That face shouldn't have so many burdens that make your head want to explode. I hope that someday, somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight, and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms, without an ounce of selfishness in it. So that you could feel lighter and feel better about yourself. Don't let your burdens be obstacles of your future!

At some point, you caught me staring at your resting face. I drank my bubble tea to get away with it. My bubble tea was almost empty. The tea was empty, it left me the lychee bubbas that sink at the bottom of the cup. Do you know why bubble tea is my favorite all time? I like the transparent juice bubbles with sweet liquid inside. I sucked those bubbles with my straw. And once I sucked, it exploded in my mouth. Sweet!! I mourned for more. But the cafe will be closed in few minutes. So we prepared to leave the place. And till there! We said each other goodbye and wish each other luck in life. And I forgot to ask your name, Mr. Headache perhaps ;)

No comments: