Friday, March 3, 2017

Beginning: 40 days Without Meat

How is your life these days?

I don't have much to talk about, well, I could tell you all night long about my school. But why I would tell you about it? Instead, I will tell you what I've been up to.



So I'm participating #dagenzondervlees or #dayswithoutmeat for 40 days. Even now I'm already not a fan of meat and eating less of it.

Okay, there are many reasons why I'm doing this. I can give you tons of bullshit, such as carbon footprint, living healthier, or loving animals. Those are true. I agree. But why I am doing this? for sharing it on my social media? Of course not as cheesy as that.

Behind this decision, I think because I want to challenge myself. You know, I want to leave my comfort zone. Isn't it boring if you always get what you want to eat? I mean, how easy it is for you to buy meat, but have you ever considered the impact of meat on the world? and the answer isn't easy. The meat industry causes hunger in the world. Isn't that bad? Don't you feel guilty if you can eat meat, but the farmer who grows the food for the cows couldn't afford a proper meal? By consuming more meat, we are still supporting this inequality. And I don't want to live my life in such way.

Does it sound too bullshit? I don't care what you think. This is just a piece of my opinion how I believe the meat industry has such a huge impact on the world.

My life has been not so pure, I would say I don't really live my life. I'm so much attached to things instead of what really matters. I think it's the core reason why I am in for this program. So wish me luck!

How about you?

No comments: