Saturday, September 18, 2010

Looking at the ceiling, looking at my day

Staring at the ceiling. I do it every night. On the ceiling I project my day. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was bad, but it is always over. I look at my day at the ceiling and think about what I have learned or what I have done. Sometimes a lot, most of the time nothing. It does not matter. It is over anyway.

Looking at the ceiling, looking at my day, I never think about tomorrow. On my ceiling tomorrow does not exist. And I hope it never will.

Looking at the ceiling, looking at my day, I never think about yesterday. On my ceiling every day plays only once. I would like it to stay that way.

The ceiling helps me put things in perspective, just one day at a time. I have goals, things I want to accomplish in the future, but I can’t think about that when I am looking at my ceiling. There is not future on my ceiling, there is just today.

While staring at the ceiling there is just today.

No comments: